Friday, January 4, 2013

Cigarette Butt Dispenser


Best way to complain to landlord about neighbor's smoking?
Okay, here is the background: I have lived in my apartment for 3 years. My downstairs neighbor has lived here for about 1 year. The first few months, she didn't smoke. Now my neighbor just started smoking again 24/7 in her apartment, which seeps up into mine. All of my clothes, my hair, everything smells like smoke now. The hallway always smells like smoke. I have asthma & this is making it hard to breathe. I don't want to move because of school/time/money for deposits, etc.

I verbally complained to my landlord when the smoking first started 3 weeks ago. My landlord told me she would address it with her. Then at 2 1/2 weeks, when it continued, I called the landlord again. The landlord came over and smelled the hallway & my apartment & then went down & talked to her. So now the smoking is worse than ever PLUS she is banging all the time from 10pm - 6 am....

SHOULD I TELL MY LANDLORD I HAVE ASTHMA? WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET THE LANDLORD TO CRACK DOWN ON HER... I JUST WANT THE INDOOR SMOKING TO STOP!!!

There is a sign in the hallway that states 'no smoking in the hallways or in the apartments. Smoking is allowed outside the building and cigarette butts are to be put in the dispensers, not on the ground. Thank You. -management'
Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
when i lived in apartment (now i live in own house which my husband bought) i had a neighbor who was smoking in his apartment and in a hallway even thou the law prohibits it, and it seeped in my apartment as well, so i know how u feel. and i had small kids at that time. it was the unhappiest time in my life - i kept complaining and complaining and complaining and nothing was happening. they will do nothing i am telling u no matter where u complain. so the best way for u is to move. or suffer. there is nothing u can do and nobody is going to stand in her apartment 24/7 to check whether she is smoking or not



ps. i WAS writing letters to the management. like a hundred of them. the only thing they did - they installed the second door into my apartment. that didn't help that much



www.books4you.addr.com One of the funniest gag jokes for people who smoke. Fill up the donkey's back with 24-25 cigarettes, then push his ears ...


CIGARETTE BUTT DISPENSER