Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cigarette Store


Can a person with an accent understand somebody with a different accent?
There's a discount beer and cigarette store (cleverly named the Beer And Tobacco) across the street from my apartment. I go there about every day and the lady who works there has a thick Asian accent.

Since I have trouble understanding her, does she have trouble understanding me?
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Well, it's easier to understand a language than to actually speak it. So my guess is that she understands you fine, she just has a little difficulty saying things herself. I mean, you speak the language the way it's suppose to sound while she speaks it "wrong", and if she doesn't understand you, then she doesn't understand anyone. Maybe she doesn't understand everything, I don't know, but she probably understands it better than she speaks it.



The second part in a video-Ad feature I made for two Stockton businessmen I used the same music - It sets the theme for this smoke shop {This ...


CIGARETTE STORE