Thursday, January 10, 2013

Butt Of A Cigarette


How likely are discarded cigarette butts to cause a fire?
In my apartment building complex I frequently see discarded cigarette butts lying on the ground near the building including many on or near the grass areas. I read that discarded cigarette butts have caused many fires in residential buildings. Should I be worried that a fire may start in my building from the habit of my neighbors?
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
99.9% of the time it doesn't start a fire, but IT CAN. The conditions have to be right - a little wind, dry grass, and you have yourself a fire. Lived in WA a few years back and a cigarette started forest fire so it can happen.



Think about Renter's Insurance and ask your Manager to make an annoucement.



A public service announcement about cigarette butt pollution. Pass it on! A group of elementary students combat cigarette butt litter in their ...


BUTT OF A CIGARETTE