Friday, February 1, 2013

Steam Cigarettes


How do I get the smell of cigarettes out of the house and car?
I just inherited a house and car that were both regularly smoked in. Cigarettes and pipe tobaco. I have tried airing them out but I can still taste it when I breath and smell it. My kids were in the car today for the first time and my son said the smell was really bad. Will getting the car detailed make a difference or will it smell like perfumey cigarettes? Please help!!
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
If the house and car have been smoked in for some time it'll take some work to get them clean and smelling fresh again. Just using a spray like Febreeze won't cut it, sorry. Cigarette smoke gets deep into fabric.



For the best advice, contact a local cleaning service that specializes in disaster recovery. I know that sounds drastic, but they deal with smoke and odor removal on a daily basis and will be your best source of information.



Re the house, the basic steps are to have any wall-to-wall carpets, area rugs, cloth-covered furniture, or curtains that were in the house professionally cleaned. If there are heating and air ducts clean them and change the filters. To make a real difference to the place you'll need to paint the interior walls.



I would have the car detailed somewhere that steam cleans the carpets and upholstery (unless the seats are leather).



Good luck!






STEAM CIGARETTES